Tech Specs – SOLO MEGA
SOLO MEGA is a family of high-power motor controllers that are designed for high-current
applications. This product is designed to support various types of electrical motors like DC
brushed, Brushless DC and PMSM motors up to 60V with the supply voltage and the continuous
current of up to 120 Amps DC or 110 Amps RMS, this will enable SOLO MEGA to be utilized in
wide range of products and projects and eventually speeding up the developments and time to
market for its users.
SOLO MEGA can be commanded in two different ways, either by sending Analogue voltages or
PWM pulses which is called Analogue Mode, or totally by sending Digital data packets through
isolated UART, isolated USB or isolated CAN bus lines. This will give a high flexibility in terms of
system setup to the users and they can choose the best way to wire up their systems using SOLO,
The main features of SOLO MEGA are listed as below:
- ● Wide input voltage supply range from 8V to 60V
● The continuous output current of 120 Amps DC or 110 Amps RMS
● Capable of controlling DC brushed, BLDC and PMSM motors
● Dual Core with parallel processing architecture
● Isolated CAN, USB and UART Communications
● Isolated STO(Safe Torque off) for safe emergency stops
● Active Brake Chopper with selectable activation voltage using an external resistor
● Extremely fast F.O.C loop-rate up to 140kHz (7µs complete execution time)
● Over-current, Over-voltage, Over-Temperature and Under-voltage Protection
● Selectable output PWM switching frequency from 8kHz to 80kHz
● Automatic self-tuning and identification of Motor parameters
● Closed-loop Torque, Speed or Position control
● Advance Field Oriented Control
● PWM and Analogue voltage input for Controlling Speed and Torque
● Pure Analogue feedbacks output for Speed and Torque
● Optically isolated Encoder and Hall Sensor Input with up to +12V supply
● +5V/1A (5W) and +12/0.25A(3W) outputs to supply external modules
● 2.6mA current consumption in sleep mode
Make mistakes, safely
No matter how skilled, we all make mistakes. In hardware projects, this means losing time and money. We designed SOLO with safety in mind. We offer protection against reverse polarity connections, output short-circuits, over-voltage, or under-voltage on your main supply input (BUS) and over-current consumptions. You now use motors with fewer worries.
For experts and non-experts alike
SOLO is easy but not simple. The experienced user will find many advanced functionalities. From sending packets through USB, UART, or CAN to use industrial state of the art technologies like Closed-loop and Open-loop, Sensored, Sensor-less, and Field-oriented control.
Simply control the speed, torque, and position of your motor’s shaft separately. Enjoy these features while SOLO automatically detects the motor’s parameters and self-tunes.
Closed loop speed or Torque control using Encoders or Hall-Sensors
Field Oriented Control (FOC)
Automatic Parameter Identification of Motors
Since each electrical motor is different with the other, SOLO identifies most of the required parameters of each motor itself in less than a second, this makes you able to control your motor either in Torque or Speed control mode in the simplest and fastest way possible. In the simplest form, you can control either of the torque or speed of your motor with a single potentiometer. Of course you can use more advanced features like sending PWM or Analogue voltages or even sending packets through UART, CAN or USB which are existing on SOLO, to control each of the features or read the motor feedback in real-time.
Active Temperature Control
Our Latest Tutorial
Introduction Controlling brushless motors efficiently is vital in many applications, from drones to industrial automation. Brushless motors have several advantages over their brushed counterparts, including higher efficiency, longer lifespan, and lower...
IntroductionSOLO Motor Controllers products are now coming with an advanced Embedded Motion Profile Generation Engine that allows its users to simply create very smooth and low jerk Position or Speed trajectories using state of art “St-curve” profiles both in...
IntroductionIf you are making an industrial Motion system that is going to be used in harsh environments, under noisy conditions with tight safety requirements most probably your first choice of Main Controlling Unit (MCU), especially for a product will not be a bare...