Tech Specs – SOLO MINI V2
SOLO MINI is another member of the family of SOLO Motor controllers, it has all the Hardware and Software features of SOLO UNO in a smaller form factor (74mm*63.6mm) with less power rating of 500Watts, the specifications of SOLO MINI are as below :
- Wide input voltage supply range from 6V to 40V
- The continuous output current of 20A, Max Current of 80A
- Capable of controlling DC, BLDC, PMSM, EC Coreless and ACIM motors
- Dual Core with parallel processing architecture
- Extremely fast FOC loop-rate up to 140kHz (7µs complete execution time)
- Bidirectional Regenerative Brake (maxed to current limit)
- Over-current, Over-voltage, Over-Temperature, Under-voltage and Reverse Polarity Protection
- Selectable output PWM switching frequency (from 8kHz to 80kHz)
- Automatic self-tuning and identification of Motor parameters
- Open-loop or Closed-loop Control modes
- Speed, Torque or Position control
- Advanced Sensor-less and Sensor-based Control
- Advance Field Oriented Control
- PWM and Analogue voltage input for Controlling Speed and Torque
- USB, UART, and CANopen Communication enabled
- SVPWM modulation
- Encoder and Hall Sensor Input with +5V supply
- +5V/1A (5W) output to supply external modules
- Updatable Firmware
- Heatsink mounted on the back of the board to enhance the thermal behavior
- 880µF onboard BUS capacitance
Supported Motor Types
DC (DC Brushed)
BLDC (Brushless DC)
PMSM (Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor, AC Brushless)
ACIM ( AC Induction Motor)
Control Loops Update Rate
Torque Loop: 7µs
Speed Loop: 500µs
Position Loop: 500µs
Torque Controller: Automatic
Speed Controller: Manual
Position Controller: Manual
Supply Voltage Range
Max. Continuous Current
Output PWM Frequency
8kHz to 80kHz
Continous Max. Power
Input Command Signals
UART, USB, CANopen
Make mistakes, safely
No matter how skilled, we all make mistakes. In hardware projects, this means losing time and money. We designed SOLO with safety in mind. We offer protection against reverse polarity connections, output short-circuits, over-voltage, or under-voltage on your main supply input (BUS) and over-current consumptions. You now use motors with fewer worries.
For experts and non-experts alike
SOLO is easy but not simple. The experienced user will find many advanced functionalities. From sending packets through USB, UART, or CAN to use industrial state of the art technologies like Closed-loop and Open-loop, Sensored, Sensor-less, and Field-oriented control.
Simply control the speed, torque, and position of your motor’s shaft separately. Enjoy these features while SOLO automatically detects the motor’s parameters and self-tunes.
Closed Loop Sensorless Speed Control
In sensorless mode, there’s no need to connect any sort of position sensors like Hall-Effect sensors or Encoders, and this will reduce the cost and wiring of the final products alongside with much higher reliability gained due to relying only on the electrical motor itself than anything else.
SOLO in this mode offers you a very robust experience even in very harsh conditions like below when the direction of the Brushless DC motor changes abruptly but as can be seen SOLO could fix the speed on both directions immediately with a very low error margin.
Closed Loop Sensorless Torque Control
The Torque control is done totally automatically in SOLO and the users by pushing down a button can immediately start utilizing it. In the image below you can see how SOLO kept the torque constant in a PMSM motor while the load was kept varying constantly.
Advanced Sensorless control with fast Angle Estimations
The sensorless methods are known to be based on approximations and estimations, which tends to degrade their accuracy in comparison with sensor-based methods, despite these facts, in SOLO you can find a very accurate sensorless estimator for speed and Angle which also is active, valid and functional during zero speed.
Closed loop speed or Torque control using Encoders or Hall-Sensors
Field Oriented Control (FOC)
Automatic Parameter Identification of Motors
Active Temperature Control
Our Latest Tutorial
SOLO Embedded Motion Profile Engine
IntroductionSOLO Motor Controllers products are now coming with an advanced Embedded Motion Profile Generation Engine that allows its users to simply create very smooth and low jerk Position or Speed trajectories using state of art “St-curve” profiles both in...
CANopen Brushless Motor Position Profile Controlling with Arduino and SOLO
IntroductionIf you are making an industrial Motion system that is going to be used in harsh environments, under noisy conditions with tight safety requirements most probably your first choice of Main Controlling Unit (MCU), especially for a product will not be a bare...
Torque and Speed Controlling of a PMSM/BLDC using Simulink and SOLO Blockset
IntroductionIn this article, we are going to explain the torque and speed controlling methods of a Brushless Motor and compare them together and learn how you can seamlessly do it using our products and our Simulink Blockset that enables you to communicate with...