Tech Specs – SOLO UNO
SOLO aims to be a Universal Driver and Controller for various types of electrical motors. The current version can interface with DC, BLDC, PMSM and ACIM motors. SOLO is crafted with cutting edge technologies in the industry to guarantee best performances. Here are some of the technical characteristics of SOLO:
- Wide input voltage supply range (from 8V to 58V)
- The continuous output current of 32A, Max Current of 100A
- Capable of controlling DC, BLDC, PMSM, EC Coreless and ACIM motors
- Dual Core with parallel processing architecture
- Extremely fast FOC loop-rate up to 140kHz (7µs complete execution time)
- Bidirectional Regenerative Brake (maxed to current limit)
- Over-current, Over-voltage, Over-Temperature, Under-voltage and Reverse Polarity Protection
- Selectable output PWM switching frequency (from 8kHz to 80kHz)
- Automatic self-tuning and identification of Motor parameters
- Open-loop or Closed-loop Control modes
- Speed, Torque or Position control
- Advanced Sensor-less and Sensor-based Control
- Advance Field Oriented Control
- PWM and Analogue voltage input for Controlling Speed and Torque
- USB, UART, and CAN Bus (ISO 11898) Communication enabled
- SVPWM modulation
- Encoder and Hall Sensor Input with +5V supply
- +5V/1A (5W) output to supply external modules
- Updatable Firmware
- Heatsink mounted on the back of the board to enhance the thermal behavior
- 2000µF onboard BUS capacitance
Make mistakes, safely
No matter how skilled, we all make mistakes. In hardware projects, this means losing time and money. We designed SOLO with safety in mind. We offer protection against reverse polarity connections, output short-circuits, over-voltage, or under-voltage on your main supply input (BUS) and over-current consumptions. You now use motors with fewer worries.
For experts and non-experts alike
SOLO is easy but not simple. The experienced user will find many advanced functionalities. From sending packets through USB, UART, or CAN to use industrial state of the art technologies like Closed-loop and Open-loop, Sensored, Sensor-less, and Field-oriented control.
Simply control the speed, torque, and position of your motor’s shaft separately. Enjoy these features while SOLO automatically detects the motor’s parameters and self-tunes.
Closed Loop Sensorless Speed Control
Closed Loop Sensorless Torque Control
Advanced Sensorless control with fast Angle Estimations
Closed loop speed or Torque control using Encoders or Hall-Sensors
Field Oriented Control (FOC)
Automatic Parameter Identification of Motors
Active Temperature Control
Our Latest Tutorial
Controlling a brushless motor with Raspberry Pi can get very challenging especially when you want to do advanced controls like FOC on a fast brushless motor that can go all the way up to 30,000 mechanical RPM which is very fast, to look at this problem from...
The Easiest way to control the Torque of a BLDC with Raspberry Pi using SOLO with Hall sensors feedback [+ Code]
To control the Torque of a BLDC or PMSM motor that is equipped with HALL sensors, you need to have a Motor controller like SOLO, that has the capability of delivering High powers to the motor and at the same time, it’s smart enough to take care of stabilizing the...
In this article we are going to demonstrate a practical method to correctly connect and setup your quadrature Encoder to SOLO for Torque, Speed and Position controlling purposes. To this end, based on the type of the motor you are using the tuning process will be...